Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Brain Mush

I've always gone back and forth and whether it's a good thing or not that I'm an emotional person. It's something that I could never come up with a definitive answer for, and currently, I'm still stumped. Within the last couple years, I've definitely harnessed my emotion and directed it towards positive things, but sometimes it's quite difficult to keep it under control when I encounter certain situations. Betrayal of trust, seeing bad things happen to good people, or even seeing good things happen to bad people are all things that cause my emotions to flare up. An emotional flare up causes me to painstakingly assess my current state, and analyze whether I've really gotten myself into a good position. It also gives my stomach a feeling of extreme uneasyness that I cannot get sued to, no matter how many times I've had it. Finally, it causes me to be quite critical of people, whether that be good or bad. I've been told sometimes being extremely critical of someone can be the absolute best thing to help them, but I'm not completely convinced. Tearing a person down so that they can build themselves back up may help, but only if they want to build themselves back up. And once they rebuild, it's imperative that they stick with their new constructed self concept, or they will cause all of their hard work to be meaningless. Tearing them down can be either the best or worse thing you can do for them. I've done it before with positive results, but the ideas of the negative still scare me. And the more you care about the person, the harder it is to do. But then again, the more you care about the person, the more you want to help them. Therein lies the double edged sword of a situation.

This did not really flow well, but I didn't expect it to. It served it's purpose, and for that I will save it here.

One more. For one reason. Even though I shouldn't. P.M.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment