Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Convenience and Evaluation

I dislike inconvenient situations, but savior those which are convenient. I'm sure almost everyone would agree, because the degree of convenience of something is determined by how much benefit a situation would bring to someone versus how much of a cost it would bring. But sometimes, I think we are all guilty of overlooking when situations actually go our way and bring us benefit with little or no cost. It is not that we should be thankful that 'fate' has granted us good fortune or anything like that, but simply that we should savior those times when we have to give up very little in order to gain benefit or happiness. 

I am glad to say that recently I have gone through a sort of 'friend evaluation', where I think about who really has put effort into being aquainted with me and who has not. I've done this a few times before, and I really think it is healthy to do, as it stops me from putting too much effort into friendships and getting nothing back, something I've done in the past. I've also patched up a few old friendships as well, which I also feel is healthy in certain circumstances. 

There was something else I was considering writing about regarding people's behavioral changes in certain situations, but I am going to save it until next time.

Note: I have been trying to write in here without using contractions, and it is actually a lot more difficult than I thought. I have been having to go back and edit them out, including several times in this ending note.

No comments:

Post a Comment