Saturday, June 13, 2009

Birds Elope the Sun

Maybe I'll start changing the titles of my posts so that the aren't simply stating what I'm going to talk about it. That way it'll be more of a surprise to everyone who doesn't read it (and to the few who do).

One thing I really enjoy about summer is the lack of responsibility. I have to show up for work on time, and do what is requested of me for eight hours, four days a week. That's it. Any other responsibilities are ones that I've chosen, or are just altogether very simple. Being able to just do whatever I choose when I'm not at work is something that I feel like I'm savoring even more this summer than a normally do. This is probably because my first year of college was a big change from high school. High school was almost a joke in senior year, and I had a lot of free time anyway. Since it became more scarce as a college freshman, I value it a lot more now.

My vacations start next week. First to New Jersey for a weekend, and then a little over a week after that, I'll be going out to Montauk. I honestly don't NEED a vacation, but contrarily, these two trips should add some excitement to my relitively quiet summer so far. I'm not saying that I hate quiet (it's quite the opposite) but my activities so far this summer have been the normal rounds of hanging out with people at this place or that place, and some new scenery is a good thing. The time will also be spent with good people, so that's definitely a plus.

Cockyness makes me laugh, especially when the person has nothing to be cocky about. 

I own the Battle Hall and the Battle Arcade.

The only thing better than Arizona Iced Tea is an Arnold Palmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment