Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Finally a Real Entry

Geez it's been a while. Loads of school work. But now that I finally have the time, there's a lot I'd like to say. Hopefully I can remember it all.

The first thing that comes to mind is something I've been lacking lately, sleep. I'm not even going to talk about dreams right now (I think I may have a while ago), but just the concept of sleep itself. Sleep is something I quite enjoy. I keep my room like an icebox year round just so that it feels even warmer under the covers. To immerse yourself in sleep is to detract yourself from the world and let your body (pretty much) shut off. It's such an interesting concept that so many of us enjoy a state that is the closest, non harmful state to death. Even more so since we dislike waking up. You'd think it would be a joy to us to return to the mobile world, but we really do enjoy our detachment.

Recently, the cold weather has really been making it's way into the weather forecast. Although not brutally cold, some days warrant at least a light sweatshirt. I find the cold weather to be quite bittersweet. The cold itself doesn't necessarily bother me, but the winter time itself usually puts me in a somewhat negative mood. The thing that I dislike the most is the fact that it gets darker earlier. I'm not really sure why this bothers me, unless I have some unconscious psychological urge for light (which doesn't sound completely crazy), but it's something that I always notice and wait diligently for it to change at the end of the season.

This may just be me, but have you ever noticed the change in light when a tree in your neighborhood is cut down? You don't notice until it happens, but the sunlight shines through the trees in very particular ways that we come to be familiar with. When the tree is gone, the light shines completely differently. It's something I've always noticed since I was a kid, and realized how we never notice something like that until it changes.

There's several other topics that I've been thinking about, but this is good for now. I'm quite content.

Speaking of being content, I'm more than content with life currently. Happy times. As usually, several little issues, but nothing I can really complain about. The good things are definitely tipping the scale.

I'm really into Porcupine Tree lately.

I made a twitter because I'm tired of Facebook not functioning. Follow me! (down to the valley below. See! Porcupine Tree!)

I've rediscovered the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Oh and Nutella. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment