Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This is the Sound of Settling

I feel like the second week of school has started off much better than the first. Not that the first was all that bad, but I'm much more comfortable in many aspects.

First, and probably the most obvious, I have somewhat of an idea of what the semester is going to be like in terms of the workload. It's going to be a bit tough at times, but I don't envision it being unbearable. I'm happy with my classes for the most part, and nothing seems too difficult. At least not yet. I feel my selection of classes has the potential to teach me quite a bit this semester.

Second of all, I feel like I've made a lot of life progress recently. For one, I've resolidified friendships that had dwindled during the summer, and possibly even helped them progress further. Also, I've worked on crafting and solidifying a relationship that has been going extremely well so far. It's amazing how much stress relief, positivity, and happiness a functional relationship can bring, and for that I am quite grateful.

Even though most of the people reading this won't have any idea what I'm talking about, I feel it necessary to mention that the new Threat Signal (amazing melodic/tech metal band who I've been following for some time now) album leaked, and it just blew me away. Their first album was absolutely amazing, and after going through many line up changes, I didn't think they would be able to top it. Thankfully, I was quite wrong. I downloaded the album about four days ago, and it has yet to be ejected from my car's CD player. Ironically, my two favorite songs on the album are entitled Through My Eyes and Another Source of Light. I find this ironic because I feel like those two phrases are quite prevalent to my life right now.

A certain person needs to make a decision before they hurt someone. Someone who is close to both them and I. Stop being selfish and make up your mind, or else you'll end up with nothing.

As I've restated several times already in previous entries, things are going quite well. Nothing deserves a complaint at the moment, and few things even deserve a declaration of annoyance. Ahh life.


1 comment:

  1. Guess who is back? I finally figured out my password!

    And yes, The new Threat Signal album is amazing, I thank you for letting me rip it.

    Cj, thanks for being a great friend too.

    ReplyDelete