Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Reflection, Push, and Advertisement Loops

After playing a show Friday night, and a show Saturday night, three things happened. First, we actually got paid a significant amount for the Friday show, which is only the second time that's ever happened. Second, we played our first double set show ever on Saturday. And third, I was exhausted when I woke up for work Sunday morning. After getting through Sunday, and having the luxury of only working a five hour shift today, I finally have some time to relax. Getting ten hours of sleep last night was good too. The rest of this week should be be great. Harry Potter at midnight tomorrow, and a party with good people on Friday.

I really want to buy the movie Push. It's been out for a week and I've had the urge to see it again since it came out. I forgot how good it was the first time when I saw it in theaters, and realizing it got released last week reminded me. I have to pick that up after I cash my latest check.

There's an absolutely, terribly corny commerical currently running on the Target looped TV advertisements. As if learning the lyrics to mediocre popular songs wasn't a bad enough side effect of watching the looped TV advertisement at work, now there's an Axe commercial that makes me half crack up with laughter and half want to put my head through the TV. I can't even really describe the commercial, so just go to your local Target store, stand in the electronic section watching the TV's, and wait two minutes or so until the Axe commerical comes on. Only then will you understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment